- 6.5 beds (out of 10) are now planted with wetland crops
- 50,000 plants planted over 10 weeks during September/October/November
- 23 planting days – out in all weathers
- 207 people (staff and volunteers) have helped with the planting
- In spring we will be planting 150,000 Sphagnum moss propagules!
- Despite Covid, we came through! (with a lot of help)
Monday 23 November saw the end of the autumn Water Works project planting marathon. It has been a mammoth task which has had to overcome every conceivable obstacle (who could have predicted a global pandemic?) to be achieved. We now have 6.5 of 10 planting beds planted up with wet farming crops - approximately 3.5 ha. of the 5 ha. wet farming trial area on the Great Fen.